Have you ever been in a situation where you didn’t know what to say or doubt your communication skills?
- In a networking event where you want to connect with like-minded people.
- In a parent gathering where you want to make a casual small talk about school.
- In a small group of people where you want to get to know each other.
- In your own company, when you want to share the vision and exchange information.
When I got into one of these situations, I used to sit happily and observe people quietly. I am good at listening and don’t need to make a statement or get attention at all.
What happened, then?
- People didn’t find who I was and what I do.
- There weren’t any connections and exchanges of information.
Why did I even put myself in the situation in the first place? It was just awkward.
Small talk can be fun. What need to:
- Be aware of the reason why you are there.
- Think about what you want to know about and Ask the question.
- Prepare what you want to share.
Super simple things can help you be present and enjoy the moment.